ORGANIZATION The Junior International Thespian Society (ITS) is organized by individual troupes at participating schools. ITS is designed to be an honorary organization that recognizes and rewards excellence among the participants in the theatre arts program. Junior Thespian membership should be viewed as an honor and a goal to which participants in your theatre arts program aspire.
DISTRICTS Currently there are twelve districts that make up the Florida State Junior Thespians:
- District 1: North Florida http://www.fljritsfestival.com
- District 2: Orlando/Central Florida district2.jrits3.org/
- District 3 Palm Beach & Martin County You are here!
- District 4: Greater Miami Area
- District 5: Northwest Florida and Greater Tampa Area
- District 6: Southwest Florida and Greater Tampa Area http://www.district6jrthespians.com
- District 7: Central East Coast
- District 8: Orange
- District 9: Polk/Lake
- District 10: Northwest Florida
- District 11: Pinellas/St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Palm Harbor
- District 12 Broward district12.jrits3.org
For more information about each District and contact information, please visit the Florida State Junior Thespian website. http://www.fljrthespian.com/infoweb/
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Calling all Troupes! INCREDIBLE efforts were made last year that allowed Florida State Thespians to present Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS with over $33,000 and our goal is to raise the donation to $50.000!
It's never too early to start donating! Start giving to Broadway Cares today!
As a part of our campaign to increase our donation to this important cause, we would like to challenge each troupe in District 3 to raise at least $150 each. If each troupe does this, we will meet our District 3 goal of $3,000 this year and do our part in making the $50,000 donation possible!
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!